Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am not a mouse.



Do you hear that? Listen. No seriously. It's the sound of typing!

Oh how good it feels to be writing again! For a few months I was in such a hazy fog. Then the other day I picked up the short story I'm working on (unrelated to the current novel) and actually got a decent few pages done! It's not much but it is a start, even if it's not on my main project.

Speaking of the Harrowing, I feel so close to being finished yet so far. I still do not have a cover made, but I've opted out of photoshop, and will instead be taking *actual* photographs. I think that will make the cover have a more natural feel. Organic feel....whatever. More real.

I feel like I've gotten unstuck from a glue trap after being trapped for awhile, and I'm still getting bits of glue off my hands.

I really like analogies.

Anyway it's great to get back to my characters who I have missed dearly. Weird, maybe but I made them, and will continue to allow them to grow and surprise me when I'm least expecting it. That's the great thing about writing; sure you made them, and you created their world, but they start doing things on their own, and things can happen (whether good or bad) that you never saw coming.

So that's where I'm at right now. Slowly inching my way closer and closer to that finish line. Ugh running analogies. I'm not good at running. I've got lots of great things lined for book two *and* three but getting there is the problem. I'm still stuck on Chapter One of book two. But at least it and book three already have titles right?

1 comments:

Krista said...

I have given you an award on my blog - http://itakethepen.blogspot.com

Post a Comment